The Ag. General Manager and the entire staff of the Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency felicitate with our Governor, Mr Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Deputy Governor Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat on the auspicious occasion of your 2nd year in office.
Your second year in office has seen enormous growth in all sectors of the economy of Lagos state, and the Utility Infrastructure sector monitored by LASIMRA is no different. We, therefore, congratulate Mr Governor on the achievement of the THEMES Agenda in the actualization of the under listed laudable projects:
- Laying of over 1800km of unified duct (UDIP) across Lagos State metropolis with the aim of providing a common duct for all operators to pass their optic fibre cable through while reducing to the barest minimum, the cutting of roads within the State.
- Setting up of ICT classrooms that are fully equipped with internet connectivity and other ICT devices in 100 public schools in the State. (A CSR initiative by Western Telecommunications and Engineering Metro Services [WTES] in partnership with the State Government).
- Approval of projects to increase the fibre optic network of Lagos State, that will provide faster and more reliable internet services to improve commerce and boost the attainment of a 21st-century economy.
- Approval for the establishment of the Monitoring and Enforcement Team of LASIMRA that has effectively ensured the reduction of illegal laying of optic fibre cables and gas/electric pipelines across the state by 70%.
- Flag-off of three Satellite offices for LASIMRA (Epe, Ikorodu and Badagry), to boost the reduction of the illegal activities of all Public Utility Operators in the State (Telecoms, Gas and Power), update the existing database of the Agency whilst also recouping lost revenue.
- Provision of internet connectivity to Public Schools, Government Hospitals and other key Government locations.
- Launch of LASIMRA S-auto platform – an automated commercial platform designed to enable online Permit Process in LASIMRA to foster ease of doing business.
Your endeavour(s) at ensuring that Lagos State ranked among its peers as a vibrant Smart City that is safe, secure and functional is a step in the right direction and LASIMRA looks forward to another amazing and prosperous third year in Office.
Engr, (Mrs) Bisoye Coker-Odusote
Acting General Manager – LASIMRA