NOTICE TO ALL UTILTY OPERATORS ON INSPECTION AND ENFORCEMENT OF DECLUTTERING STANDARDS & PROCEDURES ON DEPLOYMENT OF UTILITY CABLES FOR TELCOS, TRANSCOS AND DISCOS IN LAGOS STATE.
Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency (LASIMRA), has previously issued a Public Notice, requiring operators of certain public utility infrastructure to carry out all remedial works required to repair any of their infrastructure that was in a hazardous state and constituting a risk to public health and safety.
The infrastructure covered by the Notice is as follows;
- Aerial Fiber Cables and poles.
- Aerial Electric/Power Cables and poles.
- Underground Fiber Cables, Ducts and Manholes.
- Surface Fiber and Power Cables.
As stated in that Notice, LASIMRA will now be commencing inspection of all such infrastructure to ensure compliance and carry out enforcement where required.
Please therefore note the following:
- The inspection process will commence on Wednesday 17 May 2023, and will continue every Wednesday until further notice.
- The inspection schedule, showing the streets which will be visited on each inspection date, will be available to view via a link on the homepage of the LASIMRA website lasimra.gov.ng.
- All companies who own or operate such infrastructure in Lagos State are directed to ensure that they refer to the schedule.
- All companies that operate infrastructure on any of the streets designated for inspection on a specific date must send a representative to meet with our staff on the designated street on the date specified to take part in the inspection.
Please note that, as LASIMRA has granted sufficient time to rectify all sub-standard infrastructure, no further delay will be permitted. All violations observed during the inspection shall face appropriate sanctions from the Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency (LASIMRA).
Engr. (Mrs) Bisoye Coker-Odusote